The question is: What is the difference between dry and wet cutting?
It is not known that the specific use of the cutting disc can lead to adverse consequences, equipment failure, and even accidents and injuries.
This is our skill to help you determine which dry or wet cut is right for your project.
Dry Cut Diamond Blade
· The Dry Cut Diamond Blade has a special split weld that dissipates heat and does not require water.
· The dry cut diamond blade needs to have sufficient airflow between cuts to reduce the risk of overheating the machine or blade.
· This method is usually used indoors.
· Those who use dry cut diamond wheel cutting typically use lower power diamond wire hand saw blades.
· The dry cut diamond blade for angle grinder are used for smaller, clean cutting operations such as decorative cutting and patterning.
· Although the cutting work should be intermittent and small scale, the method is also ideal for forming, refining and finishing the material.
· Although dry cutting results in shallow cuts, dry cut diamond wheel users can still achieve deep cuts by taking precautions and proper cutting steps.
· Diamond Wet Saw Blade is recommended when cutting metal, reinforced concrete, thick tiles and other stones. This method uses water to assist in the work, reducing the amount of dust generated when cutting material.
· Since water is required for wet cutting, the common tools are diamond grinding wheel for concrete, diamond tile cutting wheels or diamond grinding wheel for granite. The process also requires a hose attachment or reservoir to dispense water during the cutting process.
· Since the machine is not hand-held, smoother, more precise cuts can be achieved. Automated tools also reduce the amount of work for users. There must be a continuous flow of water on the blade to prevent overheating. Cutting without water means that the blade will not be able to dissipate accumulated heat, which can cause damage to the wet-cutting diamond blade and can cause injury to workers.
Understanding the difference between dry and wet cutting can help you determine the diamond cutting disc for your project. Choosing the right equipment, where appropriate, can provide the best performance for the desired output.
BSP-diamond cutting disc suppliers– If you have questions about these products or any abrasives, our sales and technical experts will be happy to help you. You can send a message in the contact form below.